Friday, November 7, 2008

Nicki and Mom take a whack at Blogging!

Okay, Nicki is determined that I learn to blog. This is quite distressing to me as I only learned a couple of weeks ago how to send an email to multiple people at one time. So my part in this learning curve was watching Nicki do all the work. When we (she) were (was) finished, I told her I would type something to add my hand to the effort.

As most of you know, our luck wasn't the best this past summer. Our efforts to attend the family reunion landed us only as far as Winnemucca, NV. What more can I say about that :( Then the last week of July our basement flooded and we spent the next 6 weeks doing repairs. It was a long process, with our entire basement moved into the garage, Nicki bunking with Trevor and Regan with Kenna. That was a long 6 weeks, especially when the repair guys would come to the house, do one thing and then leave for two or three days. But all in all, it wasn't too bad. The kids didn't complain too much, infact, when it was time for the girls to move back downstairs, Trevor and Kenna were kind of sad to see them go. We were pretty lucky, as no damage was done to any of our furniture and I got new carpet and paint out of the deal. So not the best of luck, but things in both situations could have been so much worse.

We are all doing great. Kent is having a bit of a mid-life crisis turning 50. I keep telling him he's only one day older, not a whole year. Get over it! I've been doing some foot zoning and loving it. Wishing I had kept with if the past 7 years. I would by now be the best foot-zoner ever. I took some classes and learned face-zoning too. It's pretty cool.

Nicki is working at a retirement center, and despite the physical abuse she tolerates on a daily basis, she loves working with the people there and always has a happy story to tell about someone cute. Serving the elderly has only increased her ablilty to love them, and they love her right back.

Regan is a Senior in high school this year. Hard to believe she is on her way out of the house. She is as anxious as ever to finish high school. Her plans are to take a year off, be a nanny to earn some money for college, get her degree as a teacher, and one day marry Kevin Jonas.

Kenna (8th grade) is on the gymnastics team this year and loves it. We spend many a Saturday getting up at the crack of dawn to get her some place south for a competition. She practices about 6 hours a week, and would do more if she could. She hates piano as much as she loves gymnastics and only practices under the utmost duress.

Trevor (4th grade) loves school, is playing Jr. Mustang basketball, decided to join the orchestra at school (playing the viola), tolerates piano, and loves to spend time with Kent. He loves Discovery Channel and the History Channel and can tell you anything you need to know about everything (just ask him, he knows it all). We love them all.

Nicki is home from school this semester. We're so happy to have her, she is the light of our lives! (-Nicki)















Turnips Anyone? We grow 'em big here in Ut.
















With our house flooding, Mom got way into the remodeling and decided to take it to a whole new level- the upstairs. Dad is in the process of tearing out this wall, the goal is to have it done and lovely by Thanksgiving. We're holding our breath...















Dad turned 50!!!! Birthday Celebration at Chili's. After a nice family celebration dinner, we went to a Japanese Tiako Drum performance, complete with a traditional bare-bummed dummer- Kenna loved it ;)















The Kids. We love Dad- Happy Birthday old man! We have a tradition, on birthday's everyone goes around the table and says one thing they love about the birthday person. Needless to say, we all had so many wonderful things to say about our Dad. He is the best and we are so blessed. After everyone finished Dad said, "I have one thing to add. You guys should all love me because I relentlessly chased after your Mom for three years before she agreed to marry me. You guys wouldn't even be here had I not been so persistant!". Thanks Dad! Your persistance paid off. Love you!





3 comments:

Ashley said...

Aunt Caroline and Nicki,
It was fun reading about your summer and getting updated on your life. Thanks for participating in the family blog. I really hope everyone will do this. So, did you like blogging? Me, I'm addicted! I will send you an invite to my personal blog so you can see what we are up to. Looking forward to Thanksgiving! Love ya!

Danny and Darcie said...

Yay!!! I am so happy someone else has finally posting something. I think this will be so fun if everyone participates. Thank you!! It was fun hearing about what is going on in the Craven household. Come down and lets go shopping together. Love you guys.

One Big Happy Family said...

what a fun read! It was fun to see the end result of all the remodel. We sure loved our time togethe.
love
shirlene