Friday, November 14, 2008

A Post By Kara...Finally!

It's taken me months to begin posting on this blog. SORRY!!! I have a blog of my own and I guess I get too consumed in it. Although, I have trouble blogging on that one regularly as well. I've just been busy but today I am home sick from work with a bad, yucky cold. I will give an update of Levi and I.....

Levi is still loving the Idaho Falls Fire Department! He never complains about going to work...he is so happy there. He works 24 hour shifts, for a week example (and this changes week to week too on when his days on shift land): Sunday 24 hours, Monday Off, Tuesday 24 hours, Wednesday Off, Thursday 24 hours, Friday Off, Saturday Off, Sunday Off, Monday Off...and then the three days start again on Tuesday. It is hard after he goes back to work after those 4 days off because we really miss each other. I know...gooey! After 5pm at the fire department, family members can come visit so I usually visit him maybe once every other week when he's working. And besides, I just love seeing him in his uniform...shhhhh. He started at Station #1, the downtown station, and he is now working at Station #4, off Sunnyside and Woodruff. 
I am still working full-time for the State of Idaho. And enjoying that as much as a person can....it does have it's stressful moments. I am a social worker for Health & Welfare and dealing with interesting AND sometimes crazy people and the joys (yeah right) of having to put children in foster care :(

Our dogs Bronco and Wrangler and our jobs pretty much consume our lives right now but our BIG NEWS is Levi and I are expecting our first child in April! I had a pretty easy first trimester, mostly just nausea and tired, more like exhaustion, a lot, I never threw up once though. In three weeks we find out what "IT" is! Somedays I feel like it's a boy and somedays I feel like it's a girl. We really don't care what it is...we'll be excited for either! I know Levi is really hoping for a boy the most :) This is a picture of the baby at 13 weeks.


Levi went to Boston with Mac and Tanner in October to see the Denver Broncos play the New England Patriots. It was a bad game because the Broncos lost :( They still had a blast though sight-seeing and just hanging out in Boston for a long weekend.

We are excited for the upcoming holidays and to see family. For Thanksgiving, we will be spending it with my parents and family in Farmington, Utah at my aunt Valerie's house. And Christmas, we will be at home Idaho Falls with McAffee's. 





3 comments:

Danny and Darcie said...

Yeah!!Thanks Kara for posting. This blogging thing is finaly taking effect with the McAffee family!! Love you!

Ashley said...

I agree with Darcie! So excited for you to find out what you guys are having. I'm making bets on a boy....

One Big Happy Family said...

Levi & Kara
Congratulations! So so exciting. we will be anxious to know what you find out. Love Shirlene